The call for STSMs is constantly open. See how you can participate
The following information has to be encoded during the registration:
- the Action number
- the title of the planned STSM
- the start and end date
- the applicant’s details, including key academic details and workplan summary
- the applicant’s bank details
- the host institution’s details and
- financial data (amount for travel and subsistence).
- the future Host institution of the STSM;
- the MC Chair and the STSM coordinator.
- the approval of the STSM and
- the level of the financial grant given.
The Applicant has to return this Grant letter, after accepting the grant with his/her signature. COST is informed about the STSM decision, and it is included in the minutes of the next MC meeting.
It should contain the following information:
- purpose of the STSM
- description of the work carried out during the STSM
- description of the main results obtained
- future collaboration with host institution (if applicable)
- foreseen publications/articles resulting or to result from the STSM (if applicable)
- confirmation by the host institution of the successful execution of the STSM
- other comments (if any).
Failure to submit the scientific report within 30 days will effectively cancel the grant.
The MC Chair and the STSM coordinator are responsible for approving the scientific report and informing the Grant Holder that the STSM has been successfully accomplished.
After receipt of the approval, the Grant Holder will execute the payment of the grant.
Contents of the report may be used for dissemination and reporting purposes unless marked as confidential.
- The application for STSMs is constantly open until approx. June 2018. The STSM needs to be finished by October 2018 at the latest.
- Please allow for at least 4 weeks decision time between proposal submission and the start of the STSM.
- Please read about the decision criteria:
- The topic has to be within the Action’s scope.
- The proponent’s group should be an Action member.
- Proposals where the hosting group is an Action member as well are preferred (not mandatory).
- Proposals by Early Stage Researchers ((pre-)PhD until max. 8 years after PhD) are preferred.
- First-time proposals are preferred over repeat proposals.
- Proposals by members and/or to hosts without any previous STSM funding are preferred.
Please inform yourself about the STSM – guidelines
- Rule for standard STSM: Minimum duration 5 days, maximum duration 90 days
- ESRs may extend the duration of the STSM beyond the 90 days;
in this case: Minimum duration of 91 days, maximum duration of 180 days
- STSM need to be carried out in their entirety within a single grant period within the Action’s lifetime
Find out about the STSM – financial support:
- The reimbursement rate per day is max. EUR 100 (160 for specifically justified cases);
- Up to EUR 500 may be attributed for the travel expenses;
- A maximum of EUR 2 500 (or 3 500 for more than 91 days) in total can be afforded.